Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - Basic vocal warm up, lip trills, humming, scales, very gentle

Minutes - 25


Repertoire - God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood, and a little bit of My Body from the Life

Minutes – 15


Successes – I don't feel I made any improvement today. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't better than yesterday either.


Areas for improvement – I really wanted to rest my voice today, but I don't want to get kicked out of the contest either. So I need to rest it NOW, drink loads of water, etc.


Notes: Doctors appointment tomorrow- I WILL get a referral this time.



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Lunch Salad- Spring Mix, romaine, spinach, bell peppers, baked tofu, pulled chicken, parmesan cheese, red onions, red lentils, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, fig balsamic vinaigrette and a "solixir" sparkling water called "restore" with ginger


Restaurant or Market – Whole Foods


Rating – ****, really yummy, good for me and filled me up!





Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/9/11 at 11:00 am


Type of class – Musical Theatre Dance


Difficulty Level - Beginner/Intermediate


Studio and Instructor (Include Photo) – Gold Cup Gymnastics with Jonathan Ragsdale and Stephanie Burch


What did you most enjoy? – After an ass-kicking warm up we learned choreography from Godspell Jr., which was a lot of fun!


What did you find challenging and why? – The warm-up was really hard! I found myself gasping for air a couple of times.


Observations – I was happy to learn some dance terms, but I think perhaps the hot/humid atmosphere of hot yoga is better for my asthma. I know I need to do more dance, and I really want to be better at it!



No comments:

Post a Comment