Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - Kurt Warm-Up Recording. The same one as every day!

Minutes - 25ish


Repertoire - God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood, I'm Still Hurting from the Last 5 Years and my own "gentle" version of Hairspray stuff, just to help keep it fresh while I'm recuperating.

Minutes – 45ish


Successes – I'm Still Hurting is sounding better, but I am anxious to work on it with my teachers/coaches.


Areas for improvement – I'm worried that my technique is weak, I havent had a lesson in a while and I think I might be doing some things wrong. I'm due for a tweaking.


Notes: Must pressure my voice teachers to schedule lessons with me!



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Breakfast- black coffee and a clif bar


Restaurant or Market – Student Union Building, the Mercado


Rating – ** This was even less satisfying than usual- must be the lack of banana.


Notes: BUY MORE FRUIT




Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Lunch- Vegetable minestrone soup with tons of veggies in it, house salad (spring mix, carrots, red onions and house vinaigrette) and dry whole wheat toast


Restaurant or Market – Winning Coffee Co.


Rating – ***** SERIOUSLY, this is almost my new favorite soup. Sure I had to fish out a giant nasty mushroom, but it was just like eating a big bowl of veggies. It was so tasty and it filled me up really quickly, I couldn't even finish it.



Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/11/11(heh, just noticed that the date is all 1's today!) 6:30am


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa


Difficulty Level - All Levels, but pretty damn hard


Studio and Instructor – Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Rebecca Widmayer


What did you most enjoy? – Rebecca was back! I liked the other teachers, but there is something about Rebecca's energy that I connect with (geez I sound like a hippie), I just feel really comfortable in her class.


What did you find challenging and why? – Alright, this is the first time I've taken this class two days in a row and it was tough! I had to take more mini breaks today just because my body was tired. But every time i felt sore, the next pose would almost immediately fix it. I'm excited to see how I feel after tomorrow's class!


Observations – Hm... I think I covered this in the "what did I find challenging" section. Second day in a row.... oh and a couple people today asked me if I'd been losing weight! I guess it's working!



Charitable Deeds


Tonight was my first night volunteering for the 2011 Revolutions International Theatre festival! I'm really excited for my other volunteer events with them! Tonight was the launch party for the festival.


The lovely Jessica Myers is also working the festival this year, so I have a couple pictures of her :)


Tonight my job was to greet people as they came into the launch party. I met a lot of really interesting theatre folk from all over the world, and before the shin dig I helped set up.


Revolutions is hosted by Tricklock Company, the theatre company in residence at UNM. They are a great bunch of people and I am pumped to be taking their ensemble incubator class this semester! Also, (and here it goes) I am performing with Skye Fort and Diana Delgado at the Reptilian Lounge (part of the Revolutions festival) this Saturday at 10:30 at the Filling Station! I hope to see everyone there! It's sure going to be awesome/hilarious.






No comments:

Post a Comment