Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1

Success! I certainly jumped into this thing with both feet and hit the ground running!
This morning I woke up, took a shower and then went for a 20 minute walk to the ATM to see if my GI Benefits made it in and they did! So me and my gaggle of roommates went grocery shopping to stock our kitchen with nothing but healthy options! What a day.

My voice is still a little rough from all my stupid sick, but I still made it through and hopefully it will be better tomorrow. I'm going to call my doctor Monday to actually get that referral to an ENT! I would hate for my shot at this contest to end just because I lost my stupid voice.

Alright so here it goes, my official first day blog entry:

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - I vocalized gently along with a recording I made at one of my lessons with Kurt. My voice is not well today, so I took it easy, but I got through it!

Minutes - 25


Repertoire - I sang through “Perfect” by Tom Kitt twice, once by myself and once for Skye!

Minutes – 8


Successes – I’m proud that I tried to vocalize even though I don’t feel well today.


Areas for improvement – I don’t feel that I can accurately judge myself today, but I know that I need to work on vocalizing every day to help stretch my voice out and condition myself into using proper technique (correct larynx positioning, etc.) Also I need to do this in the late morning instead of waiting until right before I go to bed!!!


Notes: After vocalizing gently I drank some tea! Note to self: buy more tea...



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Chicken salad for lunch. Romaine lettuce, snap peas, bean sprouts, low-fat shredded asiago cheese and Champagne Pear Vinaigrette.


Restaurant or Market – I bought everything at Smith’s except for the dressing, that’s from Trader Joes :)


Rating – ... are we doing this by stars? like... one star bad, five stars yummy? I give this... ****


*note about the picture- I know it looks too good to be true, but that IS the salad I made, I just put it out on my porch for better lighting. I know it's beautiful, it should really go in a menu. :)





Attended Performance


Date/time - 1/1/11


Show/Venue – Willy Wonka/ the African American Performing Arts Center


Performer(s) – There was a HUGE cast so I’m just going to list a few: Willy Wonka-Chad Morgan, Charlie Bucket-Lillie Kolich, and Grandpa Joe- Hi Tillery. (Also Kathryn Harrell was in it as Mrs.Beauregarde!!!)


What did you most enjoy? – Lillie Kolich is an incredibly talented performer, her voice is crystal clear and super powerful. It’s really cool to see someone so young and so talented. She was the star, that’s for sure!


Observations and Remembrances – At the end of the show, the cast had a “special treat” for the audience and they all sang the Glee version of “Someone to Love” and Kathryn had an incredible solo at the end! Blew me away :)



Me and Buckels at Willy Wonka!

No comments:

Post a Comment