Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27


Yoga this morning was fabulous! Not only did Gilbert come with me, but we had a great little chat with Rebecca afterward. It's wonderful that we found a studio with instructors who really care about us and understand us! I really want to thank Kristen Buckels for introducing all of us to Blissful Spirits! Also, I hope you (Buckels) want to do their 90 Day Challenge with me! We can blog about it! :)

Daily Practice Session
Today I cracked open a book I bought at the Drama Bookstore in NYC called "An Actors Guide to Making It in New York City" by Glenn Alterman. I bought the book in New York and thought it would be a fun, practical and kind of cheesy read but when I scanned through it on the plane ride home it was actually rather intimidating so I put it aside. After a rather inspiring conversation with Mr.Robinson this afternoon, I felt that now is as good a time as any to scare the bejesus out of me about my impending move.

I know that I have a lot more to work on before I move to NYC, and once I move there I will have to keep working on all of those things (dance, voice, acting). Even once I'm "ready" I will have to keep working on them. That's one of the reasons I love being a performer, there is always more to learn and you can always get better and better.

Anyway, so I read this book (just the introduction and Chapter One) and even though it's a little outdated (published in 2004) I think there is still quite a bit of useful information in here. It's got info on all the neighborhoods in Manhattan, good places to live, good places to take classes, how to get an agent, whether or not I should get an agent... pretty much all of the questions I have ever had is answered in this book. There is even a budget page explaining the general expenses we should anticipate before moving.


I want to keep reading the book (and I'm going to) but I had to stop so I could blog and make sure I got it up on time!

Healthy Eating

Meal Description- The "Healthier Alternative" Egg white Omelette from Wecks, with green chile, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and dry wheat toast.

Restaurant or Market- Wecks

Rating- **.5 just okay. I mean it was good and filled me up and nothing was wrong with it... it was just a little bland.



No comments:

Post a Comment