Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23

Today I went to see the rest of the challengers perform together. It was really great to see everyone and hear how much each of them have improved over the course of this month. They really are all becoming so much stronger, and their performances were really powerful. It was very touching. It did however make me feel even worse for not being healthy enough to complete all of my requirements. Because my friends have all been working so hard and the proof is in their performances. I am so lucky to have such talented and fantastic friends who support me no matter what. I hope that when I'm better I have the willpower to do this all over again even without the promise of prizes- haha! Because I want to see what it can do for me, especially now that I've seen what it has done for my friends.

I'm not exactly sure on how I'm supposed to make up for my missing requirements. Kurt had some ideas but I didn't exactly understand them. Now I'm worried that I waited too long to clear that up, and with only a week left, I'm... I'm just nervous. And feeling a little like I don't deserve it! I'm not trying to be hard on myself, but really, when I saw how hard all my friends have been working it just doesn't seem fair, even though its not my fault. Regardless, I'm not giving up until Kurt tells me to. So here is my stuff for the day:

Daily Practice Session:

Again, not enough time today for me to watch my documentary series! Just something else for me to look forward to tomorrow! Instead, today I did another read over of my Hairspray book, and looked for videos of other people singing Hairspray songs, not just professionals. There are a lot of really bad videos out there, but I found a couple decent ones. I think I've decided that if the audition calls for a song from the show, I will sing "Good Morning Baltimore", even though I think most people going for Tracy are going to do that. I am going to do it anyway, because I think it shows me off the most... but I could do the opening part to "You Can't Stop the Beat" too. I dunno, it's a while away, and like I said I still don't know if I'll be able to sing by then, but I'm trying to remain optimistic.

I also haven't made a decision about my hair yet. I already went darker blonde, and I think if I do go brunette, it wont be dark brunette in case I don't get the part then it will be easy to go back to blonde right away! Also, if I don't get the part I'm chopping all of my hair off. And I mean all of it.


Side Note: Today at Whole Foods a woman recognized me from yoga! How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment