Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - I warmed myself up today without the help of a kurt recording. I don't know how well it worked out for me. Lip trills mostly, a lot of humming, stretching, simple scales

Minutes - 15 minutes


Repertoire - I'm Still Hurting from the Last 5 Years, And most of Next to Normal

Minutes – 35 minutes


Successes – I'm Still Hurting is sounding good but I'm anxious to work on it with my teachers. And I think I pushed too hard with my work on the Next to Normal songs.


Areas for improvement – I'm a little more hoarse than yesterday, which is making me awful sad. Good thing I have another doctors appointment on Monday.


Notes: Blegh



Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/7/11 6:30 am


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa


Difficulty Level - All levels, a little harder than the other two I've been to


Studio and Instructor – Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Jennifer Applegate


What did you most enjoy? – It was cool to have a new instructor today, even though I love Rebecca. Jennifer was slightly more "hardcore" and showed us all a little trick to balancing on one leg properly- also at the end of the class she threw a peppermint smelly thingy in one of the fans and the whole room smelled like peppermint!


What did you find challenging and why? – Today was a lot more upper body stuff than my other classes have been, and I am not very strong in general so this was especially difficult.


Observations – My balance is getting a lot better, also I am starting to wake up in the mornings excited about going to yoga. I am going to go every day next week.





1 comment:

  1. Have you thought of taking an intro to ear training course? Does the UofM offer such a thing?

    ReplyDelete