Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - Ran through a Kurt recorded warm-up. Lip trills, goo goo thingies, scales, baby cry thingies, breath management scales, etc.

Minutes - approx 25-30


Repertoire - Perfect by Tom Kitt, I'm Still Hurting from the Last 5 Years and God Bless The USA by Lee Greenwood... I'll explain I promise.

Minutes – approx 25-30


Successes – I'm just trying to keep Perfect sharp so that I can sing at broadway/opera open mic on Friday night, and it sounds pretty good. I'm still hurting is sounding better, my voice is getting better, sounding waaaay less hoarse. God Bless the USA sounds epic.


Areas for improvement – I need to work on breath support/management more, as well as my dynamics. I'm kind of just loud all the time.


Notes: This is where you want to know about the Lee Greenwood song, huh? Well too bad! It will have to be a hilarious surprise.



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Breakfast... a banana and a clif bar, post yoga and during music appreciation class


Restaurant or Market – Smiths grocery


Rating – **, because it filled me up but i mean... come on, it's a banana and a clif bar.






Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Cream of asparagus soup, house salad (spring mix type lettuce, red onions, carrots and yummy house vinaigrette dressing), whole wheat toast w/ butter (i probably could have done without the butter) and to wash it all down a hibiscus lime cooler (its like unsweetened tea and i LOVE THIS STUFF)


Restaurant or Market – Winning Coffee Co.


Rating – ***and a half. Because I love Winning's little salads and that hibiscus lime juice, but there was too much butter on my toast and I thought I would like the soup more than I did. I guess next time I will pick a different soup!!!



Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/5/11 @ 6:30am


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa


Difficulty Level - All levels


Studio and Instructor (Include Photo) – Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Rebecca Widmayer


What did you most enjoy? – We do this awesome stretch (i dont know if I can describe it well) that looses up my hips and butt muscles! Also I love the sweating!


What did you find challenging and why? – Today actually seemed harder than Monday's class. I think that Monday's class was more gradual... it gradually became ass kicking. This mornings class started with ass kicking and ended with ass kicking.


Observations – I was really sore from Monday's class but I feel better after another class! I might try going every day next week instead of just MWF.




1 comment:

  1. the banana and clif bar look gross because they are in my backpack in that picture! i was trying not to be distracting in class!!!! yeah, until I start having time to eat at home my food pictures aren't going to be glorious for a while haha

    ReplyDelete