Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - I warmed up with Kurt at my lesson today and my voice was tired afterward, so to appease the daily practice session gods, I did gentle humming/lip trill junk for 10 minutes

Minutes - 10!


Repertoire - Worked on God Bless the USA with Diana( roommate/challenge supporter), worked on character stuff and presentation mostly. :)

Minutes – 20


Successes – I think it's going to be really funny


Areas for improvement – I need to act the crap out of it, no matter how I'm feeling


Notes: Call the doctor, Jenni. Just call the freaking doctor.



Private Lesson


Date/time - 1/13/11 @5


Instructor - Kurt Robinson

Minutes- 90?


Repertoire - I'm Still Hurting and See I'm Smiling from the Last 5 Years, I Know The Truth from Aida


Points covered – Warming up, larynx placement, sight reading, repertoire


Notes: Listen to Aida, and Sarah Ramirez (that's the lady you showed me, right???)



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Breakfast- Berry smoothie with rice milk, rice protein powder, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, a banana, flax seed and frozen peaches


Restaurant or Market – Smiths


Rating – *... it was nasty. I think my berries went bad. Sad day.




Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Lunch- Spicy Chicken Teriyaki Dan! (grilled teriyaki chicken, steamed rice, and a little iceberg salad topped with their house dressing and spicy stuff... oh and green chile)


Restaurant or Market – Mirai Light & Healthy Express


Rating – ************** My favorite thing in the whole world. serioulsy delicious.





Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/13/11 @ 6:30


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa


Difficulty Level - All Levels


Studio and Instructor – Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Rebecca Widmayer


What did you most enjoy? – I think I sweat extra hard today. Also I love that this is my fourth day in a row!!! And that Rebecca came and adjusted a couple of my poses today and it really helped deepen my stretches.


What did you find challenging and why? – Today I focused on getting the poses right and really going for those hard poses I've been avoiding. It was hard, but I like the way my body is starting to be able to do more things.


Observations – Love this yoga shit- why haven't I been doing it my whole life?




2 comments:

  1. I can't even express in words how incredibly proud of you I am!! You are doing so well!
    X o X o

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful aspirations you are pursuing! I think your blog is very interesting and I have decided to give you a follow :) here is a link to my blog if you want to follow back... you might like my post about New Year's Revolutions for your 30 day challenge. Keep it up!

    http://stylebones.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-years-revolution.html

    Caryn

    ReplyDelete