Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16

Daily Practice Session

Today I did not vocalize at all. In fact, I wrote everything down on a white erase board that I wanted to say to people. I am going to take care of myself until I can see a doctor. What I did work on was researching shows and songs. I listened to some of Aida, as that was my homework from Kurt, and I decided that when I get my voice back I want to learn "Nobody Does It Like Me" from Seesaw. I saw a really great video of Goldie Hawn singing this song and it's just so funny! I really want to learn it and be awesome at it. I worked on this for a little over a half an hour.

I went to the brunch with the other challengers today and it really just made me sad. I'm really scared about my voice. I've been saying it a lot but it's true. And I want to be supportive but the more everyone talked about how much their getting out of all the singing and how great it feels to be performing just made me really really sad. I feel like I'm working so hard and not seeing anything come of it, and it's hard to stay motivated to do something just because I know it's "going to help me someday" when everything is just getting worse than ever.

Skye said it best when she came home from work today, "Jenni's two favorite things to do are sing and talk. And she can't do either!"

it's funny, but it's also not funny. I just hope that I can get into the doctor soon and that he or she can just fix it.

Oh and I sang on Saturday, and I sounded good and everyone loved it, but I didn't get any pictures or video. So I will figure something out and blog more about my performance tomorrow.

Also- I can't flipping wait to go back to yoga tomorrow. I think I've been grumpy because I haven't been since Friday!

So.... oh I drew a picture of Kurt Robinson with a butt for a head today. But it was subpar. I am thinking of recreating it. Even though it's all in good fun, Kurt isn't a butthead and I am indeed, over the age of 8.

Good blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment