Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - Today me and Skye (roommate) worked on pitch and finding harmonies by ear training with a fun little instrument called a shruti box (see picture). This was really fun, especially since it's Skye's 21st birthday today! I was so busy with my winter classes and she is doing Grotowsky theatre training with Q Staff, so with the little time we had together, we worked on our singing. :) I started by humming, then moved to lip trills until I was singing full voiced.

Minutes - 35


Repertoire - Here's Where I Stand from Camp, Perfect by Tom Kitt, and I started trying to learn/looking for the music for California King Bed by Rihanna

Minutes – approx. 25


Successes – My voice is feeling stronger today, but still rusty.


Areas for improvement – I really need to keep working on my voice on a light level. I made another doctor's appointment today, they couldn't get me in until the 10th. This is really very frustrating. However, I think that I am getting better every day.



Healthy Eating


Meal Description – Lunch Chicken Salad to go! Romaine lettuce, spinach, snap peas, bean sprouts, craisins, reduced fat shredded mexican blend cheese, grilled chicken breast strips, champagne pear vinaigrette


Restaurant or Market – Produce from smiths, dressing from trader joe's


Rating – ****


Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/3/11 6:30 am


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa (Flow Yoga)


Difficulty Level - Flexible, was good/challenging for me (beginner), but also was challenging enough for the more advanced students too.


Studio and Instructor– Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Rebecca Widmayer


What did you most enjoy? – I loved the deep hip stretches we did, I also love that now the tops of my feet are sore! I didn't even know that was possible!


What did you find challenging and why? – The class was challenging for me all around, although I am shockingly flexible for my body type, I am not very strong so a lot of the plank poses and push ups were hard on my upper body.


Observations – I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be observing. The class was hard, fun and a good workout. I look forward to trying again soon.



3 comments: