Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28


Daily Practice Session:
Tonight I finished watching Broadway: The American Musical, this 6th and final episode focused on 1980-the present (it ends with Wicked). I was touched by much of this episode. I am so glad that I was able to watch this entire mini-series. I feel like I have such a deeper understanding and respect for musical theatre, and how far we've come. The first episodes talked about blackface as a form of popular entertainment, and this last episode showed the Lion King, with strong, black characters, being played by strong, talented black performers. It touched on "La Cage" and how it was one of the first mainstream "gay" musicals, and how it's original cast and production team founded Broadway Cares: Equity Fights AIDS, an organization that is still up and running today. It talked about RENT and Jonathan Larson's tragic story. All of these things I know already, and still touches me and makes me cry! I think everyone who loves musical theatre, needs to watch this miniseries, especially because it's on instant netflix! I'm glad that I watched it, but now I have to think of other things to do for the next two days!!!


Loved yoga this morning, but my legs are killing me! I'm excited to try Blissful Spirits "90-Day Challenge". When I picked up the information I told them I just couldn't get enough challenges in my life.

ooooh- other awesome thing about this part of the mini-series was when they were talking about Cats, someone asked Andrew Lloyd Webber what Cats was about "is their something I just don't get?" they asked, and after a "long and painful pause" Andrew said, "well... it's about Cats".

I thought that was pretty funny. Even A-Webs doesn't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment