Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4

Daily Practice Session


Technical Concepts - Ran through a couple vocalizations with some Kurt recordings. Lip trills, scales, goo goo thingies, baby cry stuff, you know...

Minutes - 30-ish


Repertoire - "I’m still hurting" from the last 5 years. i think this is the “new song” i want to master but I’m not 100% sure yet.

Minutes – 15-ish


Successes – My voice is getting better, but I still need to be careful with it. I was able to sing higher notes today without feeling strained


Areas for improvement – I feel like i sound nasally at some notes and so i want to try and figure out what im doing when i sing there, if i can figure out a way to record my practice sessions and play the recordings im practicing with at the same time i think i’m going to try that.

1 comment:

  1. It's super important to know where you're passagio is and that the "nasal" quality you might be hearing in your head is actually making it out to the listener. One of the most important things you can learn about your voice is where this range is for you and not to try to blast it open so that it feels like the rest of your range. Be careful!

    It sounds like you're being really smart about this exercise. I'm loving reading it!

    ReplyDelete