Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15

Daily Practice Session

Today I woke up without a voice. I could sense that it wasn't going to work and I was restless all night. I sleep with a humidifier and was constantly drinking water. I woke up this morning, made hot tea, was using singer's saving grace and slippery elm lozenges... I even moved the humidifier from the bedroom to the living room so I could continue using it. I then picked up the phone to call the ENT and make an appointment only to find that 1) I really DIDN'T have a voice, I could barely choke out my words and 2) the doctors office isn't open on saturdays. I hope they are open monday, even though its a holiday.

So I spent the day in silence, I had to cancel my coaching session with Paul yesterday and my voice lesson with Lina today. I took a really long nap. My wonderful boyfriend bought me a bunch of medicine, broth and gatorade. I was in and out of crying fits, because really I'm super terrified... I'm really scared that I'm going to lose my voice forever, and when I can't sing I'm miserable.

So needless to say, I did not work on technique today. But I did (silently) help Skye and Diana choreograph a dance for the song I was supposed to sing with them tonight. Much later in the day I accidentally spoke, only to find that my voice miraculously sounded MUCH better (not all the way better, or even close to all the way better, but good enough)

I know that I shouldn't sing tonight, but I made a commitment, and when I lost my voice, I prayed that it would get better so I wouldn't let myself or my friends down.

So even though I didn't warm up, I did work on my repertoire (God Bless the USA), via humming and ran through it once to see if I could do it (thank God it's an easy song!) and I'm going to sing it tonight at the Reptilian Lounge. It's an easy, low song, and tomorrow I'm going to rest my voice all day (not a peep, I swear!) and make my doctors appointment. I hope they will get me in this week.

The Moral of Today's Post

I'm not giving up on the 30 Day Challenge. I am going to find ways to get the requirements done without hurting myself. Because I made a commitment to myself. Thank you all for understanding.

Also- It's been 2 Weeks! Here's the stats

Private Voice Lesson- 1/4

Healthy Meals- 16/25

Dance/Yoga Classes- 9/10

Charitable Deeds- 1/5

Live Performance Seen- 1/1

Vocal Coaching Sessions- 0/2

New Song- 0/1

Song Performed- 0/1


Things aren't looking so bleak. Today I was going to write a long post about how sad I was, and I'm glad I didn't. I know that my day is scary and I am terrified of losing my voice forever... but I have a much more positive attitude now. Oh- and Kenneth said he might do some yoga with me!!!!

Dance/Personal Fitness


Date/time - 1/14/11 (yesterday) 6:30am


Type of class – Hot Vinyasa


Difficulty Level - All levels


Studio and Instructor – Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga with Jennifer Applegate


What did you most enjoy? – Lots of ab stuff with Jennifer, it was really hard. Also it was my fifth day in a row!


What did you find challenging and why? – I had to take lots of breaks, five days in a row is really hard to do, but I'm glad I did it.


Observations – Love this- its changing my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment